Service Pump & Supply helps manage and protect the world’s most precious resource: water. We are successful because of our team’s skills and commitment to serving customers. We are currently seeking an industrial mechanic or millwright who has experience with pumps, motors, and other rotating equipment.
This day shift job requires a talented service tech who will work at the bench and travel to customer locations for on-site work. It’s physically demanding and done in both indoor and outdoor conditions. It requires movements that include bending, twisting, stretching, stooping, and kneeling, as well as the ability to work from ladders and lift loads up to 50 pounds.
Most of the time this is Monday-Friday, 40-hours-a-week work, but to make sure we provide quality service to our customers, team members work an on-call schedule that can require availability after hours, on weekends, and on holidays. The job requires occasional overnight trips.
Compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Paid holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Family medical insurance with no waiting period
- 401(k) match
- Uniforms and tools provided
- Ongoing opportunities for cross training and skill development
What You Will Do
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs on submersible, centrifugal, vertical turbine, and positive displacement pumps.
- Remove and install pumps, motors, other rotating equipment, and associated accessories using hand tools, power tools, and machines.
- Achieve timely, efficient, and safe project completion.
- Communicate with supervisors, sales people, customers, and engineers about possible changes, problems, and improvements.
- Adhere to OSHA safety standards and ensure a safe work area.
What You Need
- At least 2 years of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, welding, or machining experience in the industrial or mining fields
- Strong mechanical and problem solving abilities
- Experience reading technical drawings, schematics, and precision measurement tools
- Dependability, self-motivation, and extreme attention to detail
- Ability to work an on-call schedule that requires availability after hours, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to work out of town overnight
- Valid driver’s license
- Clean drug screen
- Mine certification a plus
- Military service preferred but not required
Suzanne House, HR Manager
*Service Pump is a drug-free workplace. We seek applications from a broad variety of candidates and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying